Internet Cafe

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Mother Heart of God

The years of skinned knees are a distant memory. I wonder how many “boo-boo’s" I’ve kissed through my 22 years of parenting. There’s something about the comfort of a mother that makes it all better.

I remember a time in my life many years ago when I had a boo-boo that needed to be kissed by God. It was unlike any other storm I had faced. With tears streaming down my face I pleaded for His mercy to give me something to hold onto. He spoke tenderly to me. “As a mother comforts her child, I will comfort you.”

As the days moved forward He began to show me in tangible ways how present He was. Each time my daughter got hurt, I would sweep her up in my arms, hold her tightly, and wipe away her tears until she was comforted. God spoke to my heart again, “That’s Me with you.” “I’m holding you tight, wiping away your tears.”

He knows when we sit down and when we rise up. Our thoughts are ever before Him. He knows the number of hairs on our heads. He wove us together in our mother’s wombs. We are intimately and personally known by Him. I get a small taste of God's love when I think of my love for my own children.

As mothers we kiss boo-boo’s and sometimes stay up into the wee hours of the night to nurse our children. We sweep them up into our arms to comfort them. As we hold them tightly, we sometimes sing softly over them or whisper words of love until their pain is soothed.

I can hear my children’s cries above any other. In a crowd full of people my eye is searching to know where they are. I know their voice. They know mine.

I carried them close to my heart while they were being formed in my womb. They have felt my heartbeat. They are forever woven into the fiber of my being. They have left their mark on me, and now part of me is carried in them. They are the apple of my eye, my greatest treasures on earth.

As I consider my heart towards my children, He invites me to see His heart. As a mother comforts her child, so He comforts me. He dances over me with singing. He tenderly carries those who have young. I am the apple of His eye. He is woven into my very being and I am woven into Him.

The Mother heart of God tenderly carries me when life beats me down. He sings to me His songs of love. He knows my voice. He hears me when I cry out. He runs to grab me up and kiss away my pain. He listens to me when I want to talk.

There’s a place upon His breast in which I can nestle. It’s a place where the storms around me subside. It is there I hear His heartbeat. I settle in close as the rhythm of His heart soothes me. It is then that I realize I am where I belong. He carries me close to His heart.


Papa God, today I am thankful for Your steadfast love that never ceases. I am thankful that You carry me close to your heart. I am thankful for a mother who didn’t give up on me, who waited for me to find love from You so I could see the beauty of her love. Thank you for the gifts of my children. They are my treasures on earth. I love you.



You can find Julie at her blog: Jewelz Sightings

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home