Internet Cafe

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A New Day



Have you ever had one of those days where you wish you could just start over?

Sometimes it's because of mistakes made and the ensuing consequences, like when you gripe at your family on the way out the door in the morning. Or it might just be the result of living in a fallen world.






All I know is that some days I'm really glad when it's bedtime and I get to close the book on that "terrible horrible, very bad, no good day." And in the morning light, everything looks different.



Mostly it looks new. Each day we are given a fresh start, a new chance to make this day better than the one before.


Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions
never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.


I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is
good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait
quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:22- 36



When the robins are chirping outside of my window, the coffee is brewing and I'm easing into the day with a hot shower, I'm reminded of God's never ending forgiveness and mercy. He wipes the slate clean and welcomes me in a new day with new opportunities to seek Him and be filled with Him.




When I read this familiar verse in Lamentations this week, I realised that it comes right in the middle of a prophet mourning the suffering of Israel. The trials they were enduring were harsh and I'm sure that Jeremiah was wondering why God would allow such difficulties to come into his life. Right smack in the middle of his painful situation he saw that God was allowing trials, but would not allow him to be "consumed." Do you see how God is protecting you even in the middle of difficulties?



He didn't see God's salvation in the moment - instead he saw disappointment and the horrible consequences of disobedience. But, he knew that he could trust God to come through for him in the end. It is good to wait for God's salvation. Do you believe that God is planning a way to save you from your circumstances?



God's compassions never fail. He doesn't give up on us, even when we betray Him or disappoint Him. He remains always faithful and always loving, day by day looking for ways to turn our eyes in His direction. He just wants us to seek Him.



And each day is a new opportunity to trust in His goodness towards us, His faithfulness for us and His amazing compassion upon us.


Father, thank you for your amazing love and your mercies which refresh us each and every morning. Thank you for forgiveness and complete cleansing through Jesus. Thank you for a brand new day.




Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for a beautiful post.

September 1, 2009 at 3:29 AM  
Anonymous lisa said...

thank you for your reminder of a new day to start over. My husband works so hard in the heat every day with never a complaint; but I have not been a diligent wife at home. I want to change, starting now. I praise Him that I can!

lisa at www.osothankful.blogspot.com

September 1, 2009 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger mama hall said...

I needed this! today is MY new day, and I'm so thankful.

September 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Pat Thacker said...

How very true and I'm having one of those days now so I do so appreciate your sharing with us and back to bed I go for prayer and sleep hopefully,do have a wonderful day.
Love ya

September 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Kelly L said...

Very inspiring -thank you.

September 2, 2009 at 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful reminder that tomorrow is always a new day.

September 2, 2009 at 3:10 AM  
Anonymous Debbie said...

Good stuff. needed to read this today. It IS good to quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

September 2, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home