Internet Cafe

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Be Still


The Internet Cafe is thrilled to welcome Kris Williams today!!


"Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10



Some days are just better than others. Today is one of those days.


Today is one of those days when it seems like God chose to stand a little closer to me. Now, maybe He did, and maybe He didn’t. Perhaps I simply chose to take a moment and bask in His embrace before I got started on my day. Perhaps He is always the same closeness to me and I choose not to acknowledge his presence.

After all, I am a busy girl with important things to do. I do not always have time to stop and just “be” in the presence of the creator of the universe.


Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? Too busy to be with God? Really? Crazy as it sounds to say it, that is how I live much of my life….running here and running there...caring for the family He gave me, cleaning the house He gave me, working the job He provided....much too busy living the life He provided take time to just “be” with God.

As crazy as it sounds, I cannot imagine that I am alone in this. I would think that you too may go through your days without stopping to just be with God. I imagine that you, like me, often go through your day caring for, interacting with, and reacting to the people in your life without stopping for even the briefest moment to just "be" with your Creator, your Savior, the Lover of your soul. I have spent far too many days running on empty because I have not taken time to pause and just rest in the loving arms of my Heavenly Father. I have spent years weary from carrying heavy burdens when Scripture promises relief to those that come to Him....



"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30



May I be so bold as to challenge you?

Stop, take a deep breath, relax your shoulders, exhale, and just be in His presence. Just for a moment. Picture Him standing by your chair. Relax into Him and feel the warmth of your Creator’s perfect embrace. Rest your head on His chest. No questions, no requests, just be in His presence. Close your eyes and listen for the beating of His heart and embrace the enormity of the fact that the creator of the universe LOVES you…YOU! He loves you with a love so pure and perfect that no human love can duplicate it. He loves you just as you are right now, flawed and imperfect.

He just loves you.

So take a moment and just let Him.


Think about it....

When was the last time you just let God love you?



When during your day can you find time to just relax in God's embrace?



What is your normal response to stressful situations?



How differently will your reaction to stressful situations be if you pause and ask God to draw close to you before you react?



Oh God! I love you! Thank you for promising to always be with me. Draw me to yourself as I rest in your peace now. Fill me with your love so that I may share that love with the people you place in my life today.



In Him,
Kris


Kris is a woman blessed beyone measure! God has entrusted her with the awesome privilege of being the helpmate to her husband Calvin as he serves the Most High as Sr. Pastor, caring for and nurturing a small congregation in Mississippi. Also entrusted to her care are Brian and Izzy, 10 and 4. Kris also spends time as the team leader for the Women’s ministry at their church.

In Kris' words;

"I am living, breathing, walking, talking proof that God is very much in the business of radically changing lives. I spent most of my life looking for “something”. “Something” to make me feel secure, “Something” to fill the emptiness in my heart, “Something” to give my life meaning and purpose… and tried lots of “somethings” before I embraced the One who would finally quiet this restless soul.

While I would never want to go back and relive my “Pre-Christ” life, I am fully aware that each step of that journey led me to where I am today. Once I put my hand in His and accepted His plan for my life, He gave (and continues to give) me more joy than I could have ever imagined possible. It is my greatest burning desire and most humble prayer that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will use me to encourage and inspire other women to seek a deep and meaningful, all- consuming and passionate relationship with HIM."

Kris can be found at her personal site
and at the FLO Ministry blog.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for this wonderful post.

August 27, 2009 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This truly IS a wonderful post. And I think you wrote it just for me! :)

August 27, 2009 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Kelly O'Dell Stanley said...

What a wonderful post, so full of truth. Thanks for sharing it.

August 27, 2009 at 6:37 PM  
Anonymous Teresa Lasher said...

A hearty AMEN to you sister, Kris! You hit me right between the eyeballs too. Thank you for the reminder to, Be Still. hugs, Teresa

Join me at my blog: Life is Precious, Good, and Fragile:
http://lasherstudios.com/blog/

August 28, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous lisa in texas said...

I really related to this post! At my blog, you can see the neat thing the Lord brought to me this summer. Blessings!

August 28, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home