Internet Cafe

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Over Thinking--Hmm, Can We Do That?

I'm a thinker. It's how I'm wired. Oh, of course, I laugh and cry and what-not, but when it comes to processing anything, it goes through an extensive system of thought.

Pipes of pondering, I'd say. Thoughts about one concept, problem, or anything really, can travel down the pipes of my mind for days, if not weeks!

Nothing wrong with thinking through things. Nothing wrong with having an inquisitive mind. Nothing wrong with the way I'm wired by God....unless, I let it turn into what Joyce Meyer called "excessive reasoning."

You see, one of my greatest strengths is the fact that I'm a thinker. However, I'm realizing it can be one of my greatest weaknesses. I can become obsessed with an idea or problem, to the point that it can wreck my faith.


Joyce put it this way.


Reasoning occurs when we try to figure out the "why" or "how" behind something. When we reason excessively, our minds revolve around and around a problem as we try to understand it, which causes a whirlwind of worry and confusion.
This one really got me.

As soon as you become confused, you have left off pondering and gone into excessive reasoning.
Yep, that can most certainly be me. Here's what God says on the whole thing.

...a mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6
That is a great measuring verse for us. If our minds are full of chaos and confusion, then we need to let God control them. It is work and requires us learning how to settle down and believe. I know this is something I'm going to have to work on for sure. I guess I should say, it's something I'm going to let the Spirit work on in me.

I'll try not to think about it too much. ;)

Natalie

Find me at my blog!

new blog header with title

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home