Internet Cafe

Monday, February 22, 2010

The World Didn't Stop For My Broken Heart




And I wondered why.


I wondered why everybody seemed to be able to go about their merry way, doing their normal activities, thinking their normal thoughts when I was just trying to get my bearings for a new season in life that would not include my father.





That was almost 20 years ago. And, just recently my husband had to walk the road of losing his father.



Death is part of life and is inevitable, just like taxes. So, why do we get surprised when someone departs from this earth especially after living on it for nearly 80 years?



Pain, I suppose. Change, probably. A new normal, absolutely.



Regardless of the sadness my husband, his mother, his five siblings and the rest of us are enduring, I can guarantee you this: We are not grieving as those who don't have hope.



We all know Whom we have believed in. We know Who holds the future in His very capable hands. We know that His Spirit will comfort us like no person or possession ever could.



Wherever you are, whatever you've been through, whatever you will walk through in the future...God loves you and wants the best for you.



Of this, I can promise.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home