Internet Cafe

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jesus did not need a Press Release...

January has been a very exciting start to a new year. Personally it has been chock full of interviews and meeting new people. It has kept me pretty busy considering I am at the beginning of my reign as Mrs. Kentucky International 2010. During this time I have also pondered how much has gone into announcing who I am, not only to those in my local community and but to those living in my whole state of Kentucky.


In Matthew 9:35 - 36 it says,

"Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd."

Jesus, did not need a Press Release!



The multitude knew where Jesus was and where he was going. If they did not find Him, the multitude would search for Him. Even times when He wanted some quiet time with His Father they would find Him. If they did not want Him for His healings, they would at least want to hear Him teach. It is more than obvious by His word that He was always about doing His Father's business.



To know, that our Savior was moved with compassion, shows me that people were attracted to Him for the love that made up who He was. Have you ever been weary and scattered? I have actually felt like that a few times these past few weeks. Making sure my small Public Relations team has my scheduling confirmed, speaking engagements, appointments, thank-you notes written. With all of the planning it can be pretty overwhelming, and on top of that I am running my household of 16!

No wonder our Savior had compassion on the multitudes!

Even now He has had compassion on me and I have known that! So why is it that you and I keep going 100 miles per hour to make sure we meet our goals? Why is it that we are so concerned that our timetable does not get out of whack? I was thinking also that to Him we must look like silly sheep without a shepherd. He must look down and smile at us with that sweet love that is so overwhelming just like He did the multitude in the book of Matthew.

His compassion attracted the multitudes! What is so attractive about us that people will come and try to find us? I want to so much to be like Jesus! Don't you? So, right now I have Press Releases that have to be written to tell a nation who I am, but what about those people who personally know me, do they see Jesus in me without the Press Release?

Close and Personal:

1. Do you need a Press Release to let people know who Jesus is in your life?


2. Have you ever felt that overwhelming compassion and love from Jesus that has made you stop in your tracks?


My dear Lord Jesus, help me be like You. Help me be loving and compassionate to this hurting world. Help to stop long enough to notice. I love you Jesus! Thank you for your gentle reminder of your consistent love and guidance in my life!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home