Internet Cafe

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rest/ Speaking Thru Me Ministry Spotlight

Over the next few months, the Internet Cafe Devotionals will feature a few guest devotionals from the ladies at Speaking Thru Me ministries. This unique ministry seeks to provide churches and groups with a professional speaker who feels called into ministry and are willing to be "sent" to share the good news of Christ. The ministry reaches out to churches of any size and offers a FEE FREE speaker service. For information on Speaking Thru Me, visit their site here. Several of our own Internet Cafe Team Writers are involved with Speaking Thru Me.

Photobucket

Today we are thrilled to introduce one of the founders of Speaking Thru Me,
Ginger Moore

"He said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."

Mark 6:31

I don’t know about you, but someone telling me to rest awhile is not a very common thing. As a mother of three, rest is the last thing that is willingly offered to me. I fill my life with MANY good things. I believe this is true of most people. Look at this list:

Working outside the home, serving on committees, being a friend, serving in a civic organization, mentoring, being a wife and mother, coaching baseball, attending events, working with teenagers, teaching Sunday School, volunteering, joining clubs, hosting parties… And that’s just a drop in the bucket!

Recently I attended a conference for people involved in ministry, and our speaker said something that I will never forget. She said, “You can not do 1000 things for the glory of God. Discern a few, and do them well.” Boy, that hit home. I don’t need to do all things, only a few.

The truth is, our stress level increases with our effort to do more and be more. With an increased drive to “get it all done,” we’re paying a high price, and we actually reduce our ability to accomplish tasks efficiently. It gets increasingly difficult to make decisions and takes longer to complete even simple tasks. We get forgetful and easily distracted, along with becoming just plain worn out!

It takes tremendous faith, discipline and persistence to manage our time and MAKE time to rest. Again, "Jesus said, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
Jesus – gives us permission to find a quiet place with Him and rest. I regret that I don't always live out this principle. I often feel guilty if I just stop "doing" and slow down! I don’t know about you, but the world will stop spinning if I take a breather!!! So, I’ve got to keep trucking or else the whole world is in a mess!!

But today, I need to remind myself to slow down the pace. It's times when life is so hectic that we should have no other choice, than to take time and rest at His feet

Three reasons come to mind as to why I need HIS rest so desperately!

1) I want stability. >Psalm 91:1 “ He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty.”

2) I want to rest in God’s peace instead of living in turmoil. >Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

3) I want others to see Jesus in my life. "Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your good deeds, and praise your Father who is in heaven.”

Mighty Father – You are the giver of rest.I pray today that I will find my rest in You. Give me the desire to slow down and be still at Your feet. Show me what needs to be done and help me to prioritize my day – putting YOU at the top of the list. I pray that this will become a pattern. That I will look forward to my rest with You, as You renew me and give me Your strength to accomplish all that You have in store for me. Help me to discern a few good things and to do them well for your glory. I pray that by my actions, of putting You first in my day, that others will see You in my life. I give to You my burdens and my heavy load confident that You will give me rest. Amen.


In Him,
Ginger


Ginger Moore is a native of Tennessee and currently resides in the Nashville area. She is a wife and mother of three blessings ages 3, 6 and 8. Her heart for wanting to see other women develop an intimate relationship with the Lord has led her to be the Director of theWomen’s Ministry at Parkway Baptist Church in Goodtettsville, TN. Ginger is the Co-Founder of Speaking Thru Me Ministries, a fee-free event resource for churches.

www.speakingthrume.com

www.gingermoore.blogspot.com


Photobucket

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Very lovely, be blessed.

April 2, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home