Internet Cafe

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mondays Are Overrated. His Mercy Is New Every Morning!


I know you do it too...

"I'll just have this piece of massive chocolate cake now and start my diet on Monday."

"I'll call her on Monday and set up a time to meet her next week. We can make amends then."

"I'll fill out and turn in my volunteer sheet on Monday. It'll work out."

oh.my.

If I had a dollar for every little thing that I have put off until Monday well then let's just say I would have lots of money and guess what? Monday comes but it still doesn't get done. Why do we procrastinate? Why do we delay with things that are so important to us? What if Jesus had said, "Oh, I'll just sit around with these guys here and do the whole "saving the world" thing on Monday? No! He would not and did not.

He went on a little farther and fell face down on the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will, not mine."
Matthew 26:39

Things won't always be comfortable for us. It won't always come easy. It does take an amount of self-sacrifice to accomplish God given tasks. So what if, like me, you have messed up quite a few times already and need to start over?

Guess what?

Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day.
Lamentations 3:23


You can start again. But start this morning and not on Monday, hmm?



I'd love for you to visit me at my personal blog: Amy Bayliss.com

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Well said.

March 25, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Michele Williams said...

You had me at the chocolate cake! LOL.... You are so right... don't wait for what you can do now! Amen! Blessings...

March 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Brava! Great post, Amy, with some powerful truths that need to be told. Procrastination doesn't pay off. It just doesn't work. Believe me, I've tried it! Thanks for such a great devotion!

March 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Great word Amy.

Now, let's talk about that cake!!!

Did you make it? Any left overs????

March 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger LauraLee Shaw said...

Love it, Amy.

I'm so thankful Jesus didn't procrastinate.

March 25, 2009 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I love this and of course that is my favorite Verse!! Good Word Amy!! But the picture of the cake ...made me hungry, should I have it NOW???? :)

March 26, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home