Internet Cafe

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remaining....


Please Welcome our Guest Barista, Joye Dicharry!





A screen just blinked on my laptop and it read, "You are running on reserve power."

The battery icon is almost depleted revealing that only 5 percent of it's energy is
remaining. I'm not at home and I forgot my power cord. Great, just great. My only free time and
now this happens.

God is sitting beside me and we slowly share a smile.

"Okay, Lord. I know you're trying to get my attention here. You've been trying for
some time. I'm running on reserve power, aren't I?"

I haven't been staying plugged in to my power source. I've been trying to live on
yesterday's Word, on yesterday's sustainment.

I glance at the Bible on my side table that I haven't opened in close to three days (gasp,
I did just admit that) and I know what it is I need to do. Jesus' words rush in to remind me,

"Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."
{John 13:3-4}

What does that look like? This remaining?

I ask and the answer comes.

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and
it will be given you...As my Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now
remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just
as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told
you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."
{John 15:7, 9-11}


His Word in me. Remaining.

I in obedience. Remaining.

His joy in me. Remaining.

I in His love. Remaining.


My dear Jesus,

I want to do more than just read my Bible and pray like a good girl should. I want to
get it IN me--to hide your word in my heart--one scripture at a time until it
becomes who I am.

In Him,

Joye


Joye is a mommy to three little messy blessings--toddler twins and a
preschooler--with another little one the way. Joye longs to make God's heart her home
and blogs about it at http://thejoyefuljourney.blogspot.com.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home