Internet Cafe

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Make Him Want To Come Home



When my husband, Chris, used to call me to tell me he'd be home later than expected, I would make sure I let him know of my disappointment. I would muster up everything in me in order to project the biggest and loudest sigh over the telephone followed by a whatever.


Good one, Cindy. That'll make him rush home.

My first response was never about the strain he must have felt not only having to work longer, but then knowing he'd get the 3rd degree from me when he called to tell me of his plans. It took some time but eventually, I wised up.




I don't know if it has been the fact that I am getting older or because I don't want to make him feel bad for something that he usually cannot control or simply due to my desire to make his homecoming pleasant.

And that is what I work so hard to do.

In ministry, something always comes up. It just does. And instead of working my magic and using every manipulation trick in the box, I simply say, "Okay, baby. Looking forward to seeing you when you get home."

And boy, if that man of mine, who is singlehandedly bringing sexy back when he mows with our zero turn lawn mower, doesn't rush his little self home to lay a nice, juicy kiss on my lips.

A nagging spouse is like the drip, drip, drip of a leaky faucet; You can't turn it off, and you can't get away from it. Proverbs 27:15-16 (MSG)




Visit Cindy daily at her personal site, CindyBeall.com

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bethany LaShell said...

OUCH! Sermon heard, loud & clear! Gotta work on that one in this household.
~ Bethany L.

October 29, 2009 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Great word spoken here.

October 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Diane Marie Shaw said...

great word. My husband will be coming home in about 20 minutes, 11:30pm. I will be at the door to greet him.
Diane

October 31, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home