Internet Cafe

Saturday, September 26, 2009

You Can Learn A Lot From a Dog



I usually feed the dog in the morning. My husband, JT, leaves really early and so he doesn't let her out and feed her because she might bark at whatever dogs bark at when people are trying to sleep and that's not cool.


So, he leaves her in her kennel and I let her out. The routine is the same every day.




Open Lucy's door, she heads for the back door while I'm scooping her food. As I reach for the door handle, she jumps up on the door so I can pat her head or something...which I don't because, hey dog, I'm feeding you, and that's plenty of love from me.

Out she runs and I follow with her cup-o-food.

Here's what gets me. It's the same food every day and you'da thought I was about to give her steak by the way she jumps around, wags her tail and then dives in like I just bought her ribs from Earl's Bar-B-Q.


Doesn't matter. It's her food and it's new every morning.

It struck me that there should be a resemblance to us and our hunger for God and for his Word. Yeah, she's a dog and it's dog food, but, it gives her life, it satisfies her and she can't wait for more.

Oh, I wish I were more like that. Not that I want to be furry and pant all the time, but you know what I mean. That I would wake up every day and wonder what delicious gift I will get from my Master today.

My food is the Bread of Life and I pray for a greater hunger for what is truly Life for me. I want a hunger for what gives me life, satisfies me and leaves me wanting more!

What about you?

Do you want to be more like a dog?




Natalie



Read more from Natalie at her blogs:


I+Am+Not+Header+3+copyand

stiletto

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Amen, I do want to be more like a dog.

September 26, 2009 at 3:28 AM  
Blogger Grandma Elsie said...

What a good example of how we should be.
we just take our Bible reading for granted and don't think of it as food for the day. thanks
Elsie <><

September 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its funny how ordinary things can speak to us, I like to think that is a God thing. Good post

September 26, 2009 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Leaon Mary said...

I love when God speaks to us through our everyday....
Send Lucy my love!
holykisses xoxo
Lea

September 27, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home