Internet Cafe

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Final Stage of Grief

I cannot tell a lie.

I am in awe of Beth Moore. But not because she can do amazing things with her hair in that humid Texas city she calls home. No, no. Although impressive, that's not what I am referring to. I'm merely talking about her ability to write something as if she's been in the innermost parts of my brain.

No wonder my head always itches.

In her book The Beloved Disciple she writes,

As a child bearing the name of Christ, if a part of you has died, in time it was meant to produce many seeds. Has it? Have we lived long enough and cooperated thoroughly enough to see tender shoots come forth from the barren ground? We hear so much talk about the phases of grief: the shock, the anger, often depression, then finally, acceptance...if we're lucky. We're led to believe that acceptance of death is the final stage of grief, but if we're in Christ, the final stage has not come until we've allowed God to bring forth resurrection life and many seeds from the kernel of wheat that fell to the ground. Yes, we have come to acceptance but not just acceptance of the death. Acceptance of the resurrection life. Don't stop until you experience it. Though it tarry, it shall come!

But we have to let it.

We can not sit idly by and watch the trying circumstances and heartaches of life keep us stranded on the sidelines. We must not act as if we're all washed up and that God cannot use us again after such grievous sin once entangled us. We should not allow the enemy of our souls steal from us an abundant life that is very readily ours.

We've all experienced death in some form or fashion. Tell me.

Has the death that took part of your heart away produced any fruit?

I'll go first.

After experiencing the most devastating blow that a wife can imagine, by the grace of God I have been able to allow the once dead heart in my chest to begin beating again. And it's passionate about helping others realize that they, too, can be better than new.

Your turn.



Visit Cindy daily at her personal site, CindyBeall.com


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

God bless you dear.

September 29, 2009 at 1:54 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Thank you, Cindy. What a challenge!

September 29, 2009 at 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Marie said...

After a long illness, I grieved for my lost self. A large part of me had died and I didn't know where to turn. So I sought Him out, and He appeared bringing a newness to my life that I could never have imagined.

www.InspiringChristanStories.com

September 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I needed this today. In the past few weeks, several of my friends have experienced a death of a family member or friend. This gives me some understanding, though, death is still hard.

September 29, 2009 at 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Laurel@FromMyHeartToYours said...

Dearest Father who hears even our whispers, I lift Cindy to You today. Wrap her in your tender love, your precious mercy and grace and give her the courage (and me too Lord) to allow her heart to beat again. When she is weary, give her rest but nudge her on so that she can walk again - knowing that Your heart walks with hers always. Thank you Father for her willingness to share a piece of her heart here today and pour your blessings on her today - should she be entangled, let it be within your love abiding. In Your Holy name, AMEN

Blessings from Canada, thank you Cindy

September 29, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Laurel@FromMyHeartToYours said...

Ooops I forgot to add, this is a wonderful and timely challenge to me today Cindy. I'm going to dedicate some quiet time to talk with Him about this very thing today!

With love from Canada
Laurel

September 29, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home