Internet Cafe

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Café Chat March 21, 2009

This week I was listening to my favorite Christian radio station and the host quickly mentioned the “fruit of the Spirit”. So today’s question was inspired by what I heard on the radio. First, let’s take a look at the verse in the Bible about the “fruit of the Spirit”.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

After looking at the verse in Galatians, what specific “fruit” (love, joy, peace…) do you find yourself lacking in your daily life? Give an example if you can.

What circumstance in your life shows your weakness with the specific “fruit” you mentioned above.
I know I am always talking about the things we are struggling with, but I do it for a good purpose. I truly feel that we learn more through our struggles and defeats than through our victories.

This week’s question is meant for me as much as for all of you. Recently, I feel like I have come to a place where I see that through all my life’s circumstances, especially the tough ones I have an opportunity to become more like Christ.

Through my life circumstances, I get to practice dying to a very "selfish" self. To think of others more than I think about myself. To practice self denial when my flesh cries out to indulge. To show love when I don't feel at all loving. I could keep going with my "to" list, but I will stop here, and leave you with one final thought. If you are at all like me, or maybe even a little like me; I want to challenge you to see whatever "life circumstance" you named above as a great and wonderful opportunity to become more like HIM, our sweet and lovely Jesus.

Thank you so much for answering these tough questions with me each week. You make my job a joy!

Blessings, Kim


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger you gotta wonder said...

What a glorious morning! I woke up feeling very down and gloomy. As always, your chat topic led me to look within and by the time I was finished praying and soul-searching I have found myself smiling and ready to face the day!

Blessings!

March 21, 2009 at 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a great topic and I am definitely able to apply it to my life! Thank you for sharing the questions that you do and helping me to look at myself in a different light each time!

March 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Beth in NC said...

Great topic as always Kim, but I couldn't chose just ONE. I am going to feel like a slimy sinner if others can (lol).

March 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Leaon Mary said...

Great question...

SELF control. OWEEEE...
Ya know the phrase "Say when," as your filling someones cup or plate with something and you want them to "say when" so you'll stop? ~~~
My self control sometimes... wavers right about there.* ;)

March 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Patience and self control are two fruits that still need to ripen in my life...the others are far from being mature, but these two are the ones that I wrestle with the most. Good question to ponder.....

March 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I woke up this morning with this very verse going through my mind. I also have it on a plaque in our bedroom. I was feeling very frustrated and angry with my husband and yet this verse was "screaming" out at me!! I think it is a choice that we have to make to be gentle, and show kindness, and to love and have joy, patience...and OH self-control!! If the Holy Spirit is in me then I should have HIS gifts given through me!! Thank you so much for this timely thought!! God's timing isn't it amazing!!

March 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Living in Vegas one realizes quickly the lack of community. It can be a real downer but stay true to your faith and don't let it.

March 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always need to reinforce this in my mind. Thank you for this blessing!

March 22, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home