Internet Cafe

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cafe Chat



I hope today's "Chat" finds you enjoying the presence of Jesus. In my own life I tend to think of Him a lot during Christmas time? Anyone else?
If you have been reading the "Cafe Chat" for any period of time, you know that my questions are normally inspired by the things I hear, see or experience in my everyday life. Even though I have heard about the idea of giving Jesus a present at Christmas from several people, today's credit for my question will go to Lysa Terkeurst (Proverbs 31 Ministries). I recently led a group of friends through Lysa's new book, "Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl". I will quickly say Lysa's book is wonderful, and I highly recommend it.
About two weeks ago I heard Lysa talk about how her family made a commitment one Christmas that they would give Jesus a present everyday of the next year. What a goal.
She said that for the next 365 days, they would either give their time, money or encouragement to someone. This gift could be to someone they knew or to a stranger. One of their goals was to look back and know that for a whole year someone would have been touched in some way by the love of Jesus (I abbreviated the story, and may have left out some information, but the main idea is there).
I love this idea, and today's question is actually a challenge to you. What is one gift you can give to Jesus in the coming year?
Think a bit deeper and challenge yourself. Try to make sure the gift is centered on Jesus.
Blessings sweet friends,
Kim


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Twinkle Mom @ Sunflower Faith said...

What is one thing I would give to Him this New Year? My time.

I would honestly have to say my time.

It's spent so much on everything else that what I came to realize this year, is that I didn't took time for Him and to read the bible, and to grow and mature and listen to Him.

December 10, 2009 at 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Laurel@FromMyHeartToYours said...

Hi Kim! I've been unable to make it over for coffee but I'm glad I did today and am deeply blessed by your qeustion!

Some things in my own life this past while have led me to thinking about the ways in which we serve. You can read more about that in this post: http://laurelsheart.wordpress.com/2009/12/09/christ-is-the-heart/

I love this idea...I'm going to really, truly pray about this. It might not be easy to physically DO something EVERYDAY here in Boonsville - where I often do'nt see another human being (besides my little family) for weeks but...there are lots of ways to be a blessing, to give a gift, aren't there?! LOVE THIS! Thank you

December 11, 2009 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Wife of Rob said...

Kim,

Thank you again for the challenges Kim! This was a great reminder for me...mine was "hands down" the gift of my time spent with the Father. Thank you for being so faithful with your posts here and thanks again for prompting me to take a deep look inside!

Have a VERY merry Christmas!
Jen

December 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home