Internet Cafe

Monday, November 30, 2009

"Lord, please change my heart!"

"I don't know if I love my husband anymore." "Being a mom is too hard." "I don't like the fact that I am aging."

"Lord, please change my heart!"

"The Christian walk is too hard." "I'm tired of struggling." "It feels like I've lost my desire to serve."

"Lord, please change my heart!"


"I don't really have the desire to read my Bible regularly." "I don't feel like praying anymore." "I think I'll sleep in this Sunday...."

"Lord, please change my heart!"


These are all thoughts I have had or that have been shared by others. What do you say to someone who is struggling in one of these areas? What is the answer? God has been gently opening my eyes to the fact that I am powerless to change my own heart. He has to do it for me. I cannot "will" myself to change any of these things or "muster up" something from within myself and make it better. It has to be a work that God does in my heart.
As I have been learning this I have felt such a sense of freedom wash over me! Now when I become aware of an attitude or thought that is not what it should be my prayer is simple, "Lord, please change my heart." That's it.

I am His precious child. I picture myself holding up my heart to him and saying, "...please fix it!" And He begins the beautiful process of changing my heart!

I am so thankful that God has been showing me this because it has begun to make such a difference. Praying this way is producing things in me that I never imagined!

Attitudes and mindsets that I have wrestled with for years are changing because of one simple prayer and a merciful, loving, grace filled God that delights to change his child's heart and bring it more into conformity to His own heart.


I have a long way to go...but I find hope and comfort in the fact that all I have to do is ask and He will change me.

The best part is that as my heart is changing and I am more aware of the fact that it is nothing that I could have done, I then give Him all the credit...and He gets the glory...and that's really why we are here anyway.


To glorify Him!


"Lord....please show us the areas in our lives where we are in error and not thinking Biblically. Please place within our hearts the desire to want to be changed, and then...PLEASE change our hearts...that we might glorify YOU!"

(Gina has begun writing again after taking a few months off. She has some fresh, new perspective after going through some very dark times. She would love it if you stopped by for a chat and some coffee! You can find her at her personal blog: Chats With An Old Lady.)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bethany LaShell said...

This is just what I needed to read today. Thank you! Lord, please make me want to read Your Word every day. Lord, please make me dislike the taste of diet coke.

November 30, 2009 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Freddae' said...

What a great reminder to all of us to focus on our powerful and mighty Lord and not on ourselves and our worries. A study I read recently for a sermon I wrote stated that 85% of what we worry about, never happens anyway and of the 15% that does, worrying never changed the outcome. Being truly grateful for our blessings and asking God to change our hearts to one focused on him is pivotal to a happy life.

November 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what "momishome2" said. I so needed this right now. God, please change my heart. I'm tired of pushing forward.

You have encouraged me tonight!

November 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Debbie said...

Perfect. Couldn't say anything better than this timely reminder and soothing words to my heart!!! Thank you for writing it here!

November 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM  
Anonymous GINA @ CHATS WITH AN OLD LADY said...

THANK YOU for these comments and I am sooooo glad God used these words! He is so good to do that!

November 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger strokeofliving said...

Gina welcome back to writing. This too, as with many other Christians, is my prayer. Well done!

November 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home