Internet Cafe

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cafe Chat



For the next couple of months, I will be re posting some of my previous "Cafe Chats". Currently, I am in a very busy season of my life (Moving, VBS, and Vacation). So I think it in your best interest that I re post some of my old questions, as I am not sure my brain will be able to function and come up with a question you can understand :)

Until recently there were not many people participating in the Cafe Chat meme, so it is likely that many of you will not have answered these questions. If for some reason you did answer the questions I post in the next couple of months, please re post your answers as it is such a great way to create community here at the Cafe.

(Reminder...Please leave your answers in the comment section of this post, or direct us to your site where you will have answered the questions. Remember to try and visit all the people that post answers today, and if you can, leave them a comment.)

QUESTION

When it comes to an issue or truth that you believe in, maybe even feel like God revealed that truth to you; how do you respond to another Christian that might have the opposite view from you? Do you feel like the way you respond lines up with how God would want you to respond?

Blessings to all!!!

Kim

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Thena said...

I look for scripture to support my belief. Because if it's in the Bible, it's true. So why argue it.

July 2, 2009 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Kim, I love this question! I answered it the first time you posed it! I think we really need to ponder this as Christians!!!

My post is here
http://tracyberta.blogspot.com/2009/01/cafe-chatwhat-if-they-dont-think-like.html

July 2, 2009 at 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Hopeful Spirit said...

http://www.hopefulspirit.com/2009/07/02/the-new-america-a-call-to-disagree-without-being-disagreeable/

July 2, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to write a post and add it here, however, I am afraid that doing so would mean I agreed with previous posters and I stand very much in opposition to Hopeful Spirit's post.

July 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure most people who visit here will disagree with Hopeful Spirit - especially those who read the bible but she does have a place here. It is an open forum. I may wholeheartedly disagree (and so does the bible) but now I see clearly where she needs prayer. I'm glad she posted.

July 2, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Anonymous HisFireFly said...

I missed this question the first time around, and I'm glad I was able to answer this time. My post is up at http://hisfirefly.blogspot.com/2009/07/this-week-kim-posed-following-question.html

July 2, 2009 at 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Internet Cafe Administrators said...

Internet Café Devotions would like to express that we have made Café Chat available so that women can freely discuss their thoughts and offer each other comfort and biblical direction. We do not necessarily agree with everything that is linked to our site in response to questions or the comments that are posted here by individuals. Our beliefs are here: http://www.internetcafedevotions.com/2005/07/these-are-essentials-we-believe.html.

We strongly urge you to pray and seek guidance from the Father and study your bible to see if what you are reading lines up with God’s Word. This should be the case with all things. We also encourage you to use this as an opportunity to lift others up in prayer.

Blessings,
The team at Internet Cafe Devotions

July 2, 2009 at 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Wife of Rob said...

What a great question! I needed the reminder since my flesh would love nothing better than to overtake the biblical principles that God would rather me follow! I hope that everyone has an INCREDIBLY BLESSED 4th!

Hugs
Jen


http://pairofbartletts.typepad.com/a-pair-of-bartletts/2009/07/cafe-chatdid-you-know-we-moved-to-thursday.html

July 2, 2009 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger you gotta wonder said...

When we put forth a position that is counter to the beliefs of others, we need to avoid being argumentative. Prayerful consideration for our words and attitudes and a willingness to walk away from someone who disagrees - this is our christian calling. We must love one another, and with that love comes respect.

Praise God for our diversity! Celebrate your independence but submitting to God. My post is here: http://amothersangst.blogspot.com/2009/07/cafe-chat-july-3rd.html.

July 3, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home