Internet Cafe

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bearing with one another...

Romans 15:1-6 We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.  Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification.  For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me.  For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.  Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, That you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We the church 100_2029and disciples of Jesus Christ are encouraged in His Word a life of self-denial and considerations of others above ourselves!  This does not come natural, does it?  It is specifically referred to the stronger believer toward the weaker brother. Ouch! How often in my Christian walk I have thought only of myself knowing that if it is okay for me to do it the "others" need to get over it! Again, ouch! 

The word "bear" is the same word used of Christ bearing His cross in John 19:17. Bearing with one another exemplify's Jesus' sacrificial love towards us.  How often do we lose our cool with each other in an attempt to being selfless and putting ourselves on the back burner?  Using my home as an example, I run into situations like these it seems every day.  Considering we have thirteen in our home, it is bound to happen that one of us will be self centered at one time or another.  I have the six girls on one side and the five boys on another! Just imagine!

Noticing that I have been put in this position by Jesus I have to ask for strength in my walk as I deal with all these different aliens in my home including myself!  Creating an atmosphere of thankfulness is one of the first things I have realized that is very important in my own walk even when there is no end to "mom" from about 11 different voices and that is without mentioning my wonderful husband!

Literally, one day I sat down at my large farmer's table with my hands on my face and smiled and never responded to the never ending questions coming my way. At one time in my heart I thought, "Calgon take me away!" Right then, I came under conviction and began thanking the Lord for each one of their lives!

A genuine consideration for the concerns and needs of others promotes harmony and unity within the family of Christ.  It brings glory to Him!  As women we get confronted with putting ourselves last and making sure everyone else has everything they need.  One of the strengths in our lives as Godly women is the evidence we show in the willingness to focus on the needs of others and our desire to foster a spirit of genuine harmony among God's family!

Psalm 19:1  The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. 

Galatians 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Vs. 10  Therefore as we have opportunity let us do good to all especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Close and Personal:

1.  Have you created an atmosphere of gratitude in your home and your family in Christ?

2.  What do you consider to be to carry someone's burdens?

Dear Father, I just want to tell you thank you for your sweet reminders on how you bore that cross on our behalf!  You laid down your life willingly for us, heavenly Father, and I just want to tell you thank you again!  Help me to live a life of caring for others and putting their weaknesses before my wants! I love you, Father!

4 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Amen.

June 19, 2009 at 1:04 AM  
Blogger LauraLee Shaw said...

"One of the strengths in our lives as Godly women is the evidence we show in the willingness to focus on the needs of others and our desire to foster a spirit of genuine harmony among God's family!"

June 19, 2009 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger LauraLee Shaw said...

I meant to say AMEN on that quote!!!

June 19, 2009 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Kaylee said...

Great post! Love... truly is the answer, because God is love!

June 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home