Internet Cafe

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cafe Chat



(Just a reminder again, that for now we will not be utilizing the "Mr Linky" option. Remember to either leave your answers to the questions in our comment section, or leave a comment letting us know that you answered today's questions at your own site. Also, we will be moving the "Chat" to a weekday very soon.)


Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.


This week I was blessed to be in a conversation where two women shared about healing. One had been healed of a deep wound in her heart, and one woman was in desperate need of God's healing in her life. So when thinking about today's question I wanted to find a verse that talked about God as Healer. There were many, and I chose the verse that talked about God healing the brokenhearted. There are so many women (and men) that are walking around with some kind of broken heart.


A broken heart can stem from many different kinds of hurt: loss, betrayal, sickness, grief, and many other circumstances. I believe if we are walking around with a broken heart that has not been tended to and healed by our God, then we aren't truly free in Christ. So today's question has us examine our hearts to see if we need God's healing in our lives.





Is there a deep hurt in your life/heart that you have not let God heal yet? If yes, are you ready to let God begin the work of healing your heart? (Feel free to post the specifics if you would like, and remember you can always post anonymously)


For those of you that answered no to the question above, has there been a hurt from your past that God has healed? If so, was the healing instant or a process? (Again, please give specifics if you feel so led, and again you can post anonymously)

Thank you so much for opening your hearts to our "Internet Cafe" community. You encourage me weekly, and I know you are encouraging each other as well. Blessings


Kim (To Know Him)

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Here is my link: http://shortybearsplace.blogspot.com/2009/06/cafe-chat.html

June 13, 2009 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger you gotta wonder said...

In February (on a different devotional prompt) I told of a time when I was hurt that God gave me almost instant relief. My heartache was relatively short-lived. http://amothersangst.blogspot.com/2009/02/cafe-chat-feb-14th.html

Today's post tells of a different experience: http://amothersangst.blogspot.com/2009/06/cafe-chat-june-13th.html

June 13, 2009 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I am brokenhearted, since February, 2009. Please pray for me, I REALLY want to be FREE of this pain, I am been praying & getting counseling. I also know that healing is a process and it will take time. Please pray for me.

In HIS name,
Vanessa

June 13, 2009 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

I will be praying for you dear Vanessa.

June 13, 2009 at 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Nicole Cleveland said...

I have had my heart broken on a few occasions. One pain was so deep I could actually feel the pain. This was when my husband left me. The healing was not instant, it was a process. A long process that I had to start over on many occasions.I wanted to do it my way and God wanted to heal me his way. Psalms 91 kept me grounded. Day and night I would read this scripture. My pain had me in Jesus 101 & Love 101. I could not believe this was happening in my life. We went to church, we knew what was expected. In my healing process I discovered me,my purpose and how to truly love.Was it easy? Not at all. But was it worth it. Yes, indeed. BTW- God restored my marriage 100% (even after the baby was born from the affair ) God can do ALL things but fail. How do I know? He did it for me. Stay Blessed !

June 13, 2009 at 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just said a prayer and will continue to pray for you, Vanessa.

June 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Brook said...

http://snipssnailsandpuppydogstails.blogspot.com/2009/06/cafe-chat-june-13-2009.html

June 13, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I had a broken heart. My husband left me and took my children with him. I was empty, in so much pain I asked God every night to let me not wake up the next morning. I had lost everything. Slowly, through tears, prayers,anger, a wonderful Single Mothers Ministry, patient friends listening and crying with me God began to put my heart back together one tiny piece at a time. I'm so glad He didn't answer my prayer for death, I know He has a purpose and a plan for me. Today I am genuinely happy and have learn exactly who my provider is. What ever pain how ever horrible the situation, only God can heal and restore, and He will, it's His promise
Be Blessed
Wendy

June 13, 2009 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Toknowhim said...

Nicole,

Thank you so much for sharing your story today with us...

June 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Toknowhim said...

Nicole,

Thank you so much for sharing your story today with us...

June 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Toknowhim said...

Wendy,

I am sorry for your deep hurt, but so glad that you are turning to God for your healing...Thanks so much for sharing today..

Kim

June 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Wife of Rob said...

The hurts do just that...they hurt. But Praise God that He is the Potter and I am the clay....

http://pairofbartletts.blogspot.com/2009/06/cafe-chat-feeling-his-fingerprints.html

Hugs to all of you precious ladies
Jen

June 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home