Internet Cafe

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

God's Love, Seeking Truth


The Internet Cafe Welcomes Ann Bailey today!


Have you ever wondered what your life would be like without having a relationship in our Lord?

Have you ever thought how hopeless and how final your life would feel . . . always?

It’s something I think about a lot, especially after the struggles of 2008 - leaving my husband, becoming unemployed and unable to find another job, having no home of my own to live in, having to sell most of my belongings just to live, the trials with my son and the difficulties with family caused by separating from my husband!

My husband and I are now together again.

I thank God every day that we chose to work things out, get some counseling and help for the things that caused our separation . . . but mostly the choice that we have both made to give our marriage to God

I’m not perfect – not even close and yet God loves me as I am. He has known me since before I was even a thought. He has forgiven me for many choices I made in my life that were directly against His will. He loved me even as I chose, at times of my life, to live only for myself with no thought of God or how I was hurting Him or anyone else. He loved me through it all, knowing each and every move I made without Him!

Psalm 139

1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.



God knew me – before I was. He knew everything I would do in this life . . . the choices I would make, the paths I would select, the actions I would take and the sins I would commit against Him. Even knowing my every thought did not change His amazing love for me, the blessings He provides and the awesome gift of His son who carried each of my sins to the cross as He died for us all!


I John 2:1
But if anybody does sin,
we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for[a] the sins of the whole world.


Know anyone else for which you can say the same?

Someone who would love you and continue to bless you and seek your love no matter what you did to them?

No matter how much pain you caused them or how many times you turned you back on them?


God shows no favoritism
- His promises are for ALL people. He loves all of us and wants each of us to desire His love. It is His favor that I seek each and every day.

This new year – 2009, God has laid it on my heart to seek a closer understanding of His Truth in His Word.

My topmost goal for this year is to strive each day to live my life in a way that will honor and glorify God in everything that I do . . so that those I come in contact with will desire a life in Him, too.

I Corinthians

Do you not know that your body is a temple Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body

This scripture speaks volumes to me. So many of us are concerned only with self in pleasure, gratification, etc. But really, who is self? I believe this scripture proves to me that self is God and He is where I must center my concern.

I was bought at a price – the price of my Savior’s death on the cross. He died, carrying my sins with Him . . . even though I am the least deserving of such a sacrifice! Knowing the price that was paid for my salvation, how can I choose anything other than to allow Christ to live in my heart and express that relationship with Him in all of my thoughts, words and actions?


This is the beginning of my journey which will lead me to a closer and clearer understanding of God’s plan for my life. This is a new beginning of my journey to seek a closer relationship in Him by really digging into His Word, recognizing the lies I’ve listened to about what my life should be (worldly view) and recognizing and accepting His Truths and applying them to my life. I want to share this journey so that others can see God’s love in action. This is just the beginning! Stay Tuned!

In Him,


Ann B.

visit Ann at her personal site, bits of my life

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Wonderful post, blessings to you dear.

May 12, 2009 at 3:10 AM  
Blogger Vern ~ Inspired said...

I love the part about God Shows No Favoritism...so true!!

Thanks for the great post!

Be Inspired!

May 12, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing to you, Amy and what a eye opener it was for me just now...because I've sorta drifted away from God for awhile myself now...so THANK YOU FOR THE LIFE-SAVING POST!!
Cindy

May 13, 2009 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger christy rose said...

I agree with Vern, I like the part about God showing no favoritism. His promises are the same for everyone who trusts in Jesus. I also like the part about not believing the lies or the worldly view about your life and believing what God sees and says about you which is the truth! That is so good!

May 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home