Internet Cafe

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Café Chat May 9, 2009


I am hoping this week’s question will encourage women who maybe experiencing the issue we will be discussing today. In the last month, several women I have come in contact with have shared their hearts about being burdened with praying for their husbands. Sometimes the prayer is that their husband will come to know the Lord as Savior. Some of the prayers have been for their husbands to come back to the Lord as they have drifted away, and others are just for the Lord to continue to draw their husbands into a deeper relationship with Him.

Now I know that not everyone who reads this devotion today will be married, but I do believe that you still can answer the questions I will pose today. If you are not married, you could apply the question to anyone in your life that maybe experiencing some of the same issues.
What are things we can do as wife (friend, relative, etc.) when we have a husband (friend, relative, etc) who does not know the Lord?

What are things we can do as wives when are husbands once had a growing relationship with the Lord that now seems to be stagnant? (Remember feel free to substitute the wife/husband relationship if you are not married)

Last, what are things wives can do to help our husbands grow deeper in their walk with Christ?
I can’t wait to see your answers this week. I am sure many of you will be sharing out of your own personal experiences. Be blessed this week, and I hope to stop and visit your blogs later today.

Your sister in Christ, Kim



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Great questions, bless you.

May 9, 2009 at 4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for these. They really made me think this morning.

May 9, 2009 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Grandma Elsie said...

I used to always find a little something to brag on my husband about .
Especially when I was irritated about how he had been acting or something he had done.
Before he got saved I think the Holy Spirit showed this to me to help lead him to the Lord. Your attitude or you are the Christian he is watching.
Elsie <>,

May 9, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an awesome topic for discussion. I have a husband who, although he is a believer, is not walking as closely with God as he used to. I'm looking forward to reading the blogs of those who have participated in the discussion to see what I could do to spur him on. Thank you for bringing this topic up.

May 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

My husband has trouble with feeling guilty when he feels like he has messed up or done something that the Lord doesn't want him to do. Usually I just remind him that I love him and that God doesn't use our mistakes against us but for us. Then we come up with a plan of action together so that I and others can keep him accountable in his walk and growth

May 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger BizzieLizzie said...

Those are great questions! I think my husband draws closer to the Lord, when he witnesses me drawing closer to the Lord. His Faith is different than mine, but just as strong and we continue to grow daily! We need each other to do this - I feel it can't be done - one without the other! We have to both encourage each other and lift each other up! Some days are easier than others! =0)

May 10, 2009 at 4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband says hes a believer, but does not have a close relationship with the Lord,he makes fun of me for going to church every time the doors are open, I explain to him that I need & enjoy the christian fellowship and that I am so thirsty to learn more!!! My constant prayer is that he & others can see Christ livin in me and want the same for his life. Thanks for addressing this!

May 11, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home