Internet Cafe

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

When The Snow Flies Again

I wrote this at my blog the other day, and since it's chilly once again, I'm reminded of those days of beauty when I sup with the Lord--just He and I...

Yesterday was a cold morning, and I wondered if I'd ever see another deck day this year before the snow flies, but God heard my thoughts and brought sunshine.

He invited me out on the deck to sit for a spell, and we did. With feet up on the orange lounge chair I supped with my Lord, flipping through pages of Philippians, then 1 Peter, until finally ending our chat somewhere in the pages of Proverbs. He had much to say, while I listened intently. Finally with the warm sun on my face I began to nod off. It was time to pick up King James and head back in the house.

In my Father's house there are many mansions. Little corners, nooks, decks and stairwells, where for eternity we'll sit and sup with our Lord in the warmth of His light. Until then I'll wait Lord, perhaps You'll send some more deck days my way, or perhaps you'll return, before the snow flies again...

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know." ~ John 14:1-4

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Bless you sweetie.

September 26, 2007 at 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlene,

Lovely post. It made me want to run to pour patio and dwell there. I hope I have time to do that this afternoon. Thank you.

September 28, 2007 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home