Internet Cafe

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Recharging

Even in the midst of all the trouble we are now in, even though no one knows which way to turn and which way to go, there still persists the notion that we must get there with ever greater speed.
–E. B. White

Running here and running there, there are times in my life I feel like all I am doing is going and not accomplishing anything. I guess as I sit here on the verge of my vacation, I am realizing that I am tired of running. This is something many women have difficulty in doing…just stopping to relax to refuel. I know some of you with small children just laughed and spit out your drink, but it is important to unplug even then. I could link to many posts I have read this past month on how people have felt they have lost themselves in life’s everyday tasks. We as women run ourselves out, without refueling.
"And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done." ~ Gen 2:2

Do you realize there are over 500 verses that deal with rest?
And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." (Exodus 33:14)

While Jesus walked the earth, he worked very hard, but he did not forget to rest. Some women feel guilt when they sit; they feel they are being idle and wasting time. I suggest you are refueling. I believe there are many times the Lord allows things to happen, so we are forced to sit and refuel. As I mature, I am learning to realize when I begin to run on empty. It took some rough days in my youth to figure that out. You can not be effective as a mother, as a wife, as a daughter of the King if you are running on empty. So how to you refuel? Only you know what recharges your battery, but for me it can be:

1. Spending a day with a girlfriend.
2. Spending the day curled up in bed reading, and letting the day slip by.
3. A day out with my husband.
4. Even a good book.
5. Pedicure, manicure, massage.
6. But when I really get burned out, I like to go visit family.


Each one of these refuels me to one degree or another. Find the one thing that refuels you, and make an appointment to recharge. I would suggest to make this at least a once a month activity. Work hard all month, and then take a day off for yourself. You will be amazed at how much more patient you are with others around you, how much more calmly you approach problems that come your way.

Don't go full force until you burn out, go...... recharge.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Amen, I am in total agreement with you.

May 5, 2007 at 1:52 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I am with you on this one..I hope you had the chance to "Recharge" in Arizona!

I'm glad you got to go, but I will be even more glad to have you back home! :))

Lisa

May 5, 2007 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Deedra said...

Amen sister! I got myself a babysitter, a manicure and a pedicure today...and I truly believe that there was NO other woman in that salon that enjoyed herself as much as I!

Thanks, as always, for the encouragement!

May 6, 2007 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Right on, Laurel! I recharged my battery, and I feel great. For me, it's gardening, I get so relaxed puttering in the yard, and I feel awesome! We have to take the time out, it's a gift from the Lord.

I hope you are enjoying you holiday!

May 6, 2007 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Laurel - I totally agree with you. We have to refuel sometimes in order to keep going strong. For me it is do stuff with my photography--learn new things. It might sound strange, but learning new things give me energy...

Thank you for your encouraging words that we all need some 'time out'...

Blessings to you and yours.

May 14, 2007 at 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home