Internet Cafe

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Cheerful Heart

The Internet Cafe Welcomes Teresa Lasher today!



“The cheerful heart has a continual feast.”

Proverbs 15:15b (NIV)




The cheerful heart is a continual choice which can be a tough choice at times. In my experience, it is a conscious choice. I’ll admit it’s easier to exude gloom and doom and play the martyr. Sometimes it takes less effort to point out the negatives and totally ignore the blessings. “A miserable heart means a miserable life; a cheerful heart fills the day with song.” (The Message) Most days, it’s a matter of choosing to be joyful. I must choose to fill the day with song and thanksgiving to the Almighty.



A continual feast takes energy. Tough financial times, job loss, death of a loved one do not naturally equate a cheerful heart. Quite the opposite. Aren’t I exempt from the “cheerful heart” syndrome if the doctor discovers a brain tumor? After all, what human being would jump up for joy and shout, “Guess what? I may have cancer, or at the very least, may lose my eyesight!”



A continual feast takes faith in the God who created me and knows my every weakness. I must chose to trust in what cannot be seen, but still exists. Supernaturally, through the Holy Spirit, I can rejoice and look for “glass half full” implications today.



I praise God, for a friend from Pennsylvania who suggested I get my swollen eye checked. Much to my surprise, an MRI detected a growth which needed to be removed to avoid more eye deterioration. Through research and a series of miracles, God used neurosurgeons and modern technology as His instruments. Even through trying times, I give God the glory as He walked through this dark valley with me. (Psalm 23)



Hebrews 13:5 assures me,

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (NIV)



Ask:

Is there some blessing in my life right now that I need to record in my “Grateful Journal?” Then, I need to share that blessing with someone so we can rejoice together.


Prayer:

Lord, open my eyes to the good things in my everyday life. Do not allow me to focus on negative circumstances. Fill this day with a song brought on by a cheerful heart. Allow my joy to radiate so those around me will be encouraged and trust you even more. Amen.



Blessings,

Teresa Lasher


Teresa can be reached at Terri@lasherstudios.com.

I’d love for you to visit my personal blog: http://lasherstudios.com/blog/

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Amen, amen.

September 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM  
Blogger Celee said...

What a wonderful testimony! Thank you for the encouragement!

http://miscellaneousmusings-x.blogspot.com Check out my book giveaways. Right now I'm giving away 4 creation science books.

Thanks!

September 12, 2009 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I love the imagery of a continual feast. I was encouraged to put a "thankful for" section in my prayer journal this year...every day. It is a wonderful way to start each day. Thank you for your words.

September 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Lisa C. said...

You are so right! I recently heard a pastor say "Make the choice to rejoice!" I always view my glass 1/2 empty. (I just figure I've already drank 1/2 of it and could use a refill!) It is so easy to slip into the negative mode without realizing it. Like you said, having a cheerful heart is a concious choice! Thanks for sharing.

September 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM  
Anonymous alisa said...

It is so easy to be cheerful and thankful when times are good. However, God promises that ALL things will come to good for those who love Him (Romans 8.28). It does take resolve to praise Him even when times feel bad.

My desire is to be so trusting of God and His will that I don't even question His methods.

Thank you for sharing the wondeful faith story! I love the image of the "continual feast."

September 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Grandma Elsie said...

Thank you for the encouragement today.
I needed to find the good today in my daughters ,would be ,46 th birthday on earth; but her being in heaven 41 years now.
I know I don't have to worry about her being in a abusive marriage or not saved . She is safe at home with Jesus.
Thank you .
Elsie <><

September 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your words spoke to me today. Thank you.

September 16, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home