Internet Cafe

Friday, November 28, 2008

Notes from a Prayer Journal


This week has been bittersweet. Our first Thanksgiving has come and gone without my sister, Wanda. She is with the Master---basking in His divine love and care! Happy and whole.

On Monday night of this week, Aimee, mother and I met with Mark at his house to, once again go through some of Wanda's things. He had asked us to go through her books and pick out what was special to us. Well, of course, all of them were! He gave us Cart Blanche.

Among those books is a prayer journal. I have to tell you that night when I arrived back home, I sat for more than an hour, just reading. Meditating on what she had received from the Word, and marveling at the spiritual growth I saw in her life. And, of course I cried a bit. Especially on her entry for January 7, 2006. Please allow me to share it with you.

Philippians 1:21 "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

Can we say of our lives we live wholly for Christ as the apostle Paul did? "For me to live is Christ"...Yet, this alone is the love life of a Christian--it's source, it's sustenance, it's fashion, it's end. All gathered up in two words---Christ Jesus.

For me to live is Christ. Lord, burn that in my heart and mind. Lord, accept me; I here present myself, praying to live only in Thee and to Thee. Let me be as the bullock that stands between the plow and the altar, to work or to be sacrificed; and let my motto be, "ready for either."
From the prayer journal of Wanda Jakelsky.


She lived that motto. I can testify to that. She worked with a willing heart and devoted spirit---and with just that same devotion, she left this life with her hand neatly clasping His. Her release of the mortal shell that bound her with sickness came with much praise from our aching hearts. As we stood around her bed, and the line on the heart monitor became straight, I felt her take her gentle leave. As a conductor holds his arm for the musicians to reach the highest note, I felt her spirit soar up off the bed and into His waiting arms. And His love held her secure. And His love comforted our pain.

I can tell you with complete certainty---there is no pain in this life, that Jesus Christ cannot see you through.

The complete total desire of our hearts in this coming year---for the remaining days of our lives should be just that. Use us Father for Your glory. For Your work. In whatever manner You chose. Your ways are best. Much higher are Your plans than ours. May the desire of Your heart become the desires of our hearts. May we too be like the young bullock---ready for whatever service You chose.

Points to ponder~

Start a prayer journal if you never have. Write it out in your own hand. Your handwritten thoughts will mean much to those who follow in your footsteps.

Take some time these next few weeks and list out some things that you feel are hindering a closer relationship with Christ Jesus.

Also, call by name some areas where you want to see growth in your relationship with Christ.

Lastly, give the passion of your heart it's name and place in the front of your own prayer journal. Seek His will and direction in that calling of your heart.

Then stand by and watch what HE gloriously does in your life! And keep us posted!

I'd love your visit at my blogs, The Knightly News and Sisters of Faith

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Wanda was such a precious blessing, heaven gained a dear angel. I love you my friend.

November 28, 2008 at 12:15 AM  
Blogger Pat Thacker said...

How very touching is this true story of your Sister's life,I enjoyed it very much and Thanks for your encouraging words I will indeed update my Journal.Love in Christ

November 28, 2008 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Betsy Markman said...

Wow, what an incredible quote from her journal. Thank you so much for sharing, despite the bittersweet pain it might have caused. Your sister was an inspiration to many today, despite having left us.

November 28, 2008 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Angie,
Thanks for allowing us to know a little more about Wanda and her beautiful heart.

I loved what she shared. It was beautiful, so truly beautiful.

I love journaling...I have a special box full of journals from the last decade.

I pray your Thanksgiving was blessed...

Love ya,
Julie

November 28, 2008 at 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie -- thank you for sharing Wanda's heart with us. How amazing that her faith continues to witness to those of us left here for a while longer.

I'm a start and stop journalist, but I'm encouraged to start and keep on.

My prayers are with you as you enter this Christmas season. My the Lord hold you close and give you great comfort.

November 28, 2008 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Just beautiful. I was so blessed by this. Thank you so much.

November 29, 2008 at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home