Internet Cafe

Saturday, July 26, 2008

July 26th - Cafe Chat




What would be the title of a book about your life?

I love this question because one simple phrase really can give you great insight into a person’s life. When I agreed to host the weekly meme at the Café I had to write a quick bio for the site. I began the bio with what I would name a book about my life. See below…

If you asked her what would be a good title for a book about her life, she would quickly reply, “Former Pharisee…A different kind of testimony”. Kim made a decision for Christ when she was nine years old in a Small Baptist Church, but honestly, she would tell you she didn’t have a clue about a relationship with Christ until her late 20’s.

Kim could so relate to the Pharisees in the Bible. She had a lot of head knowledge about God, and she could easily rattle off her top ten lists of the things she never would do, but she was spiritually blind and dead to the life changing love of Christ. A sinful nature and a heart full of pride would lead her toward a road she never planned for her life. After several bad choices and wrong roads traveled down, Kim hit her spiritual rock bottom, and that was the best thing that could have ever happened to her. It was at the bottom that she finally started to look up, and there she found her Savior, Jesus Christ. Jesus began a work in Kim’s heart that has led her to where she is today…(to read the rest of the bio click on link above about the writers at the Café).

I can’t wait to read your titles this week...Blessings to all!

Kim





Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger sailorcross said...

If I wrote a book about my life, it would be titled "Back Into the Light".

So many turmoils, so many spirals and downfalls. Do I still have those?? Yes, I do. But, I know now how to deal with these--turn to Jesus and ask for help and advice because He is always there, always my friend and best advisor in any situation.

Beth

July 26, 2008 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Awesome question sweetie.

July 26, 2008 at 2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good question. I had a hard time with this though, because I just live the life, don't really think about what I would call it. I just learn from the mistakes made and allow God to help me let go and forgive myself, like He forgave me. It's that the best thing, He forgives and forgets!!

July 26, 2008 at 8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a really thought provoking question because it makes one realize how would someone try to define one's life if they had to add a title to it..

I really enjoyed it because often we sum it up in a paragraph but in a "simple" title..wow!

July 26, 2008 at 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great question that I could not answer with only one title, so I've listed five!

July 26, 2008 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

This was a great question.

I just couldn't stop writing! This is by far the longest, but most meaningful (to me) post I've made yet.

Thanks for provoking!

July 26, 2008 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger Edie said...

This was a great question. I really enjoyed thinking and praying it through and was a bit suprised at how my response turned out as it was not the path I had planned.

July 26, 2008 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Love your bio to go with the title! God bless you for sharing your heart with us...So beautiful.

July 26, 2008 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 26, 2008 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger Ika Devita Susanti said...

the relation with God is made moment by moment.

July 27, 2008 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I really enjoyed this question! I learned so much about the other ladies participating and the comments everyone made on my post really blessed me!
Thanks for sharring your book Title! Cafe chat is so much fun! I am encouraging my friends to participate!

July 27, 2008 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Tiffanie Lloyd said...

Stumbled upon Internet Cafe this evening and have now been up way too late writing out my answer (book title would be "From Mess to Blessed" by the way). Truly a great question! I'll surely be back.

July 27, 2008 at 11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have put the posting at my blog. thank you for the loving care all of you.

July 28, 2008 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger Great-Granny Grandma said...

I'm not sure how this works--where we post our title--but mine would be When All Else Fails, God Doesn't.

July 28, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home