Internet Cafe

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Shore of Salvation



"Your salvation requires you to turn back to me and stop your silly efforts to save yourselves. Your strength will come from settling down in complete dependence on Me – the very thing you’ve been unwilling to do.”
Isaiah 30: 16-17


Have you ever seen a drowning person being rescued? I remember seeing a young girl flailing around in the water as my dad and a friend jumped in to save her. She fought at first, grabbing at them with all her might and fighting to stay afloat. With fear in her eyes, she wasn’t realizing that she was actually working against those who were there to help her. It wasn’t until she settled down and depended on them to help her, that they were able to pull her to safety.

The Bible says, in the same way, that our “salvation requires us to turn back to God and stop our silly efforts to save ourselves. Our strength will come from settling down in complete dependence on Him.” So many times, we fight against all that Christ tells us, thinking that we are going to help ourselves, but this verse tells us this is simply “silly efforts”. We are only saved by “settling down and completely depending on Christ”.

What is tugging at you and trying to pull you under? Perhaps you are still searching and have yet to even find Christ as your Savior. He is waiting to rescue you from your sin and be everything you need. For those of us that have already experienced His salvation, is there something that is pulling us under the waters of life? Are we struggling to stay afloat financially? Is it taking all of our strength to tread the water in a strained relationship? Perhaps we are simply struggling in the undercurrent of our culture and finding ourselves being drug out further than we should go. No matter where we are, the rescue itself will look the same. We must “stop our silly efforts to save ourselves, settle down, and depend completely on Christ to save us. He is able and He is there waiting for us to turn to Him and trust Him to take us to safety.

Stop grapping at everything else around you and looking for another way out, and just surrender to Him. Allow Him to pull you from the water of worry, the sea of sin, and the rivers of regret, and take you to the incredible shore of Salvation.

Lord, thank you that you are my Savior. Thank you that you are always there to rescue me if I will only stop my own silly efforts to save myself, settle down, and depend on you. Thank you that no matter how deep I may find myself, You are always deeper still.

In Him~
Tammy…


You can read more from Tammy by visiting her at Steps in Our Journey

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

He is always there to save me when I am going under, praise God.

January 8, 2008 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger lori said...

Tammy,
As my husband begins to seek a more 'fulfilling' job I'm going to share this with him..it's such a powerful analogy...
It really is perfect...thinking we let go and REALLY giving it all to God can be the BEST choice we will ever make...complete surrender to His will!!

Thanks Tammy...I just had to tell you that...it's an analogy that he will LOVE~

peace to you!
lori

January 8, 2008 at 6:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I can't even begin to communicate the bondage I've endured from insisting I be the one in control instead of God. It's very much like the Israelites longing for the prisoner's food of Egypt rather than food from heaven.

Excellent thoughts today Tammy...thanks for starting my day out reminding me of the freedom only Christ can give.

Much love,

Lisa

January 8, 2008 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

Thanks for these great words of encouragement.

January 8, 2008 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

So true Tammy!
When I come to place that I can't seem to find peace, I realize that I have been struggling through on my own strength.

Why I think that I can be in charge more effectively than the Lord is just beyond me! How foolish.

Thanks for the gentle reminder to let Him be in charge.

Blessings,
Sue

January 8, 2008 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger marina said...

THese is so ture the Lord is always are strength our hope in times of trobles,and our comfort.
Thanks for your words to day.marina

January 8, 2008 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

This is a great message. It is wonderful to trust God in everything. That is something my DH is still struggling with. I think, "If he would just stop fighting it, things would be so much better." And I just have to wait for him to come to that realization himself because like a typical male, he doesn't want to listen to advice from his wife. Take care and God bless, Cory

January 8, 2008 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Such truth! I have learned so much about submission this past year, and how I was trying so hard to be in control of many things in my life. Thanks for sharing these wonderful relfections.

January 8, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Living Beyond said...

Tammy I love this post it is so incredibly true - let go and let God!

Bless you - Salvation Belongs to our God!!

January 8, 2008 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

Thank you for this eye opener. I am struggling with trusting for the financial security of our future and the immediate future of our business. I need to let go and let God...His timing is perfect and He's been there every step of the way for me my entire life.....this will be great for me to meditate on today and realize that I need to get struggling and just snuggle with Him....Blessings on your day..from Mary Lou at dlowran1(at)comcast(dot)net

January 8, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

"Stop grapping at everything else around you and looking for another way out, and just surrender to Him" I have spent too many days, weeks, and even years trying to do it myself, in my own strength, and working really hard to figure out my own way of escape. When it was always in front of me in one word, "surrender".
Beautfiul devotion Tammy!

Blessings,
Chris

January 8, 2008 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger windycindy said...

This inspirational reading makes me think of one of my problems. It is
"Let go and let God!" I am a worrier;
especially, when it comes to my two teenage sons. They are wonderful people and I am proud of them. One just started college and the other is a sophomore in high school. I worry when they drive, worry when they are sick, etc. I need to depend on God more, but it isn't easy for me. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

January 8, 2008 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

"All to Jesus, I surrender, All to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him. In His presence daily live."
Thank you for your encouraging words!

January 8, 2008 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Tammy, that moment of surrender--so difficult, but then so beautful. Every day in ways big and small, we endeavor to keep surrendering. If only people knew how strong they become once they surrender--it's the opposite of weakness. Great post.

January 8, 2008 at 8:14 PM  
Blogger Shonda said...

Great post. Thanks...

Blessings in Christ--

January 8, 2008 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

This is a wonderful post. I enjoyed your writing. Such a good reminder. I find myself struggling to stay afloat sometimes. I've just got to let God take control. God Bless!

January 8, 2008 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger Amico Dio said...

Great post, Tammy. This is all so very true. Why do we resist the help? Great analogy!

You are awesome!

January 10, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home