Internet Cafe

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Live the Dream!

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. ~Anatole France~



Back in October I attended a women’s conference at our church called, “Live the Dream”. During the conference, wonderful speakers like Christine Caine and Holly Wagner encouraged us through scriptures and testimony to begin to pursue our God given dreams. As I sat there listening to them and feeling God tug on my heart, I knew that it was time to set aside all of my excuses and just begin to trust God with the dream that He had given me.

I kept telling myself that it was not yet my time. I kept rehearsing in my mind that right now I was doing what He desired for me which was to take care of my family and that when my children were older that I would have more time then to achieve my dream, my purpose. But God began to deal with me about what I saw as my priorities and I saw how skewed my view had become. He taught me that my family would still be a higher priority but that all could be achieved simultaneously. That revelation will be the foundation of my first book.

You see… my dream is to help women specifically through writing and speaking. My desire is to help them overcome what has held them back from true freedom in Christ.

God set it in motion long before this conference but I wasn’t getting it. He has arranged occurrences in my life that fueled my desire to speak or to write and starting lighting the fire that is now burning so brightly within me. I am writing for you today here at the Café as a result of one such occurrence. It finally sunk in at that “Live the Dream” conference that this really is what I want to do and this is part of what I have been called to do. And so, I began to pray.

Psalms 57:2
I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.

Now you ladies know what happens when you pray, right? God begins to open some doors and shut others. I also began to write down some goals that would get me closer to the dream God had placed within me and do you know what? I started to walk towards those things and my focus never shifted from God and my family has not had to take a backseat to my dream either. God is amazing! God is good! God loves me and He loves you and He wants you to walk in what He has for you too!

I challenge you today to fervently pray to God about the dreams He has placed within you. Begin to confess your dreams to God and to others. Write down your goals for achieving that dream and listen for God to guide you.

Psalms 32:8 The LORD says, "I will guide
you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

Go for it ladies! What is stopping you?




I'd love for you to visit me at my personal blog: In Pursuit of Proverbs 31
In Pursuit of Proverbs 31

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Amen, go for your dreams.

January 20, 2008 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger lori said...

HA....you HAVE to check the draft I've had in there for a few days that will post Tuesdays....

It seems that we are on the "SAME" wavelength! You know we surrender too many of those dreams to "oh well, it's just not meant to be...."

If we truly pray for God's Will in our lives, we will be led to LIVE the DREAMS!!
YOU LIVE GIRL!!
LIVING RIGHT BESIDE YOU!!
In Him.....

hugs,
lori

January 20, 2008 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

May God bless you as He guides you in the pursuit of your dreams. Commit your way unto Him and He will bring it to pass. Blessings...
Mary Lou at dlowran1(at)comcast(dot)net

January 20, 2008 at 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post!! Giving me some things to pray about! Thanks much. God Bless.

January 20, 2008 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger windycindy said...

I am needing to know what direction to go in! My sons are growing and they were my main focus in my life!
A midlife crisis of sorts is starting to hit me! Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

January 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to say that I was at that conference and God was indeed awakening and giving birth to the dreams of many women. Probably one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. I am really enjoying watching your dreams unfold!!! Got a front row seat! Love it!
Darnelle

January 20, 2008 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration! I can hear the joy in the words you write!
Blessings,
Sue

January 20, 2008 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Leti said...

Your post continues to stir things up in my heart. On Wed and today, our Pastor spoke about not letting that dream/vision that God has put in your heart die. You know, I get into my routine and figure, "hey, nothing different is going to happen-so don't think further". But today you reminded me that we serve a God who is a God of miracles, dreams, visions, wonderful things. Thanks for the encouragement. Lord Bless.

January 20, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Thanks, Amy. What a great encouraging challenge!

January 20, 2008 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Great post! That surely gives me something to think about and pray about. That is such a good way to look at things that come our way. The Lord said that HE would watch over us. He will guide us. Thanks for your post today. God Bless!

January 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

The thing I've learned about dreams lately is that we may have the tiniest glimpse of what God may be doing but that the ultimate fulfillment is more than we could have ever asked for or imagined. I love that God enjoys WOW-ing his girls. He continues to drop my jaw and I love every second of it.

Great inspiration, Amy!


Lisa

January 20, 2008 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Amy, Thank you for your testimony. Take care, Cory

January 21, 2008 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Zaankali said...

Oh I enjoyed this. I have struggled with thinking "isn't there more" while live in the hum drum days of raising 4 kids. There is more! I love volunteering at school and at church and interacting and impacting the lives of other kids. My son, daughter and I are all going on a mission trip to Haiti this summer to help run a VBS. I am so excited to be serving alongside my kids.
Smiles!

January 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Amy---this was a great post..one for printing...which I am doing now...I have to mull this over tonight...the Lord knows I have been avoiding a certain conversation with Him....but I'm His...and I cannot avoid it any longer.
You blessed me with this.

January 21, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home