Internet Cafe

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Divine Designs

In "My Utmost for His Highest" Oswald Chambers writes,



We can all see God in exceptional things, but it requires the growth of spiritual discipline to see God in every detail. Never believe that the so-called random events of life are anything less than God's appointed order. Be ready to discover His divine designs anywhere and everywhere.
This is so true! We are drawn like moths to light to the "exceptional things." We love to experience the breath-taking miracles that God blesses us with and point to His greatness during those times. Unfortunately, we then miss out on the moment by moment and day by day "random events" that are His divine designs, as well.

I strive to see God in the simple tasks and opportunities that He places in my path. Yes, that even means cleaning the bathrooms and vacuuming! I can see Him in all things and be content and thankful!

Oswald Chambers also writes,


It is easier to be an excessive fanatic than it is to be consistently faithful, because God causes an amazing humbling of our religious conceit when we are faithful to Him.
Ouch! This can be so hard. I pray that I will become more consistently faithful and accept the "amazing humbling of my religious conceit." I never want to become above the seemingly insignificant tasks that God places in my life. May we all seek to be consistently faithful in whatever God gives us to do.

Blessings!

In Him,
Kelly






5 Comments:

Blogger lori said...

"I never want to become above the seemingly insignificant tasks that God places in my life.."

I LOVE THAT...I post on the weekends about the "DETAILS" that God uses in my life to teach me something so much bigger...your post reminded me of those details! So much to learn from them!!

join us on the weekend if you can...just a detail, any detail...and what HE showed you through it...just cause you were looking and listening.
Great post Kelly,
lori

November 14, 2007 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Awesome post, Kelly!

November 14, 2007 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

This is a very good post, bless you.

November 14, 2007 at 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Kelli, Amen.

November 15, 2007 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

So true! Great thoughts, Kelli!

November 15, 2007 at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home