Internet Cafe

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Moment With Him

This past week, fellow blogger Christine sent me a quote for "In 'Other' Words" which read,

"As Christians, we are called to convert our loneliness into solitude. We are called to experience our aloneness not as a wound but as a gift--as God's gift--so that in our aloneness we might discover how deeply we are loved by God."

~ Henri Nouwen ~


It was God's way of whispering, "I wanted to spend that moment with you." I knew exactly what that whisper meant as my mind travelled back a few weeks to an evening of loneliness when all I could do was drive, and pray, and wipe the tears from my cheeks. Not a wound waiting to be healed. Not a space needing to be filled. A gift. Although I hadn't realized this gift at the time, I did later when I reflected on the alone time I spent with my Lord. The answered prayers in the morning, confirming that He heard my hearts cry. The gift itself wasn't the answer to prayer, it was that moment when my spirit of weakness was laid in His hands.

Every once in a while we find ourselves emotionally stripped, as all that life holds is swept away. We find ourselves kneeling at the feet of our Lord, grateful that He's there--His spirit a balm to our weary soul.

There have been times that I've felt this throughout my life, and like this time, each one has brought me a little closer to my Lord.

I pulled up in the driveway yesterday, and just before I stepped out of the car, the same feelings of loneliness crept up for a second--just a wee second--before a smile spread over my face. "Your grace is sufficient for me Lord," I whispered back at Him, "Thanks for this moment with You."

"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
~ 2 Corinthians 12:7-10



Visit me at my personal blog: Darlene Schacht dot com :)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

This is such a great post....I am reminded more and more that trials & sufferings come when we choose the cross......it shouldn't surprise me but it does every single time....I should get it by now....trials and sufferings keep me close to Him! I need them!
Blessings

June 20, 2007 at 1:43 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Beautiful my friend, thanks for sharing your heart.

June 20, 2007 at 4:03 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Very uplifting, just what I needed to hear. My crys to the Lord do not go unheard.....and what Satan puts anguish before me I give it to God and solitude with Hime helps me with my focus and as the song says "The Battle Belongs to the Lord."

June 20, 2007 at 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlene,

This is beautiful and filled with a powerful example of how our God seeks us out. How He gently reminds us to lean on Him. Through our weaknesses, made strong.

Neat! Praying your day is filled with laughter to overflowing today!

June 20, 2007 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

So many times during the difficult times like that, I end up feeling the closest to Christ. His grace IS sufficient.

Amen.

June 20, 2007 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Don't you just love it when find yourself alone and He shows up? I enjoy just spending time with Him :)

Thank you so much for sharing, Darlene.

Be blessed today and always.

June 21, 2007 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

It is an amazing thing when the God of the Universe desires a quiet moment alone with us...

This was wonderful ..

Lisa

June 23, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home