Internet Cafe

Friday, June 15, 2007

A Marathon, not a Sprint


Life is a marathon, not a sprint.

During the baby and toddler years of motherhood, I remember going through so many overwhelming emotions, from joy to frustration. I would be in the middle of late night feeding, diapers, and potty training, wondering at times if I was fulfilling my purpose--if I was using my talents and abilities where God wanted me. As I prayed through those questions, I also came to a peace that I was right where God wanted me for that season of life.

A few years ago, I saw an interview with Maria Shriver about how she balanced family, work, and community service. She cited something her mother, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, told her. Basically her mother said you can do it all, just not all at the same time--that life is a marathon, not a sprint.

I am sure that God has many plans for my life and if I allow Him, will use the abilities He has given me in various ways. That is exciting! What is more exciting is when you can be content where God has you in life at this moment. He has a purpose for you now. Being a mom may not be glamorous by the world's standard of achievement, but is of great worth in God's eyes. My husband and I feel that we have found our greatest purpose and joy in being parents--how God has blesses!

As our children get older, God opens other doors to use the gifts He has given us. Blogging is a wonderful way to use gifts of writing and teaching to honor and serve Him. I feel so blessed to be a part of the Christian Women blogging community--you ladies bless me!! Be encouraged as you share your heart that God is using you to minister!


In Him,
Kelly at A Spacious Place




6 Comments:

Blogger Amico Dio said...

Thanks Kelly for this wonderful reminder!!

Well stated!

June 15, 2007 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, bless you.

June 15, 2007 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Cyndi said...

What a great message as we are each running the race marked out for us. The encouragement and inspirataion I have received in this blogging community have absolutely been tools in God's hands as He works in my life.

June 17, 2007 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I have prayed many times for God to make me a marathon girl..one who is consistent over the long haul and start well and then fizzle...Loved this reminder! :)

Lisa

June 18, 2007 at 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,

This post is filled with your heart and tells of your love for Jesus. I too, am striving to be a marathon girl.

Thank you!

June 19, 2007 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I agree that blogging is such a great way to use God's gifts! We can be moms, and still minister from our bedrooms. We can rock a baby, change a diaper, cook dinner, and still minister to a sister in Christ before we slip off to bed.

You girls inspire me SO MUCH!!

June 19, 2007 at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home