Internet Cafe

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cafe Chat


Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


Do not be anxious about anything… Oh that is a hard one for me, as I am prone in the flesh to worry and be anxious all the time if I don’t let God intervene. However, as we can see in Philippians that we are not to be anxious about “anything”, but in “everything” with thanksgiving we can pray to God, and present our requests to Him.


I know if I asked a question about what we pray to God about that we would easily be able to come up with our lists. However, looking at the verse in Philippians, I wonder what we don’t pray about. I know that in my own life I do not pray about “everything”, and that fact inspired today’s question.


God’s Word tells us that we can pray about “everything”; however what are some things in your life that you do not pray to God about? (You can tell about a specific situation, or give a general answer). Why don’t you pray to God about what you named above?


Blessings,Kim

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger seesawfaith said...

I don't pray about the things about myself I don't like.

Attitude, appearance, emotions, reactions. I don't know if I am trying to hide them from Him or myself.

I tend to offer up some information about myself, loving to be the first one to share, so that I can control what I have to admit to or confess. I guess I do that with God as well.

Is it pride? Ya, probably a lot of it is. Why do I try to hang on to that pride in the quiet place I share with God? I am still working on that one.

July 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM  
Anonymous sharon said...

It's amazing how we believe wholeheartedly that God can take care of everything in our lives, then we turn around and keep those things from Him. I'm still trying to figure out why I do stuff like that; maybe if you read my post you might be able to help me?
http://thereservoir.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/dear-lord-dont-touch-that-cafe-chat/

July 30, 2009 at 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely believe in Him, but sometimes I feel I'm being selfish if I come to Him too much. I know he wants us to, so I am sincerely working on it.

July 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

I haven't really prayed to Him about my problem with lust. I think I am still too ashamed, as if He doesn't know all about this problem already. As Psalm 139 says, where can I go from His presence?

July 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Toknowhim said...

Ladies... I am on vacation, but am so touched that you are sharing... I will try to get around and visit you... Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Kim

July 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Plowlady said...

I have pleaded my case for years, He WILL send help here and there, but not in anyway that has changed ANY of the situation/circumstance...its as if I AM left alone even though His word says I am not...what I have gone through has created a fear, a trauma in me, that even a HINT of it being made possible again has taken me from a carefree, screwed up, but wonderful life...to one of depression, discouragement, anger, fear, fear, fear....and to top it all off, God has allowed even MORE heaped on to it..all of which has my mind always, ALWAYS on what I want, need, lack, fear, pleas....I am all screwed up inside and have asked Him for His intervention to no avail...now, now its like `You know already, I dont know how to word it any different for Your help....` and I know this is a horrible mistake, but I dont know how to fix it.

July 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home