Internet Cafe

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Café Chat November 8th




One thing that I love about the Bible is that you get an inside view of the lives of the “Saints” that have gone before us. I find comfort when I read about the lives of the Saints, and read about their love, passion and faith for Jesus. On the flip side, I find comfort in reading about the things they struggled with in this temporary housing we call the body. I find myself encouraged when I see the Saints of old overcome their struggles through the power of Christ, and then realize that the same power of Christ is available to work through me to overcome my struggles.

Some of my favorite “Saints” are Christ’s disciples/apostles, saying that, which of the 12 disciples/apostles do you relate to the most, and why?


Blessings,
Kim




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great question! i had to go with my first impulse. Post is up.

November 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger IdaR said...

I'm rash, impulsive, love God more than anything and am often quick to want to defend him, but, alas, I also sometimes deny y relationship with him. Sounds a little like Peter (before the day of pentecost) Pray that God would fill me with His Spirit as He did the Saints of old on that day.
GBY!

November 8, 2008 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger About Nancy said...

I can relate well to Peter in that I am very eager to do the will of God but suffer from impatience and doubt at times. With that said, I strive to be like Nathaniel because Jesus remarked that his heart was one without guile or deceit. What a rare and precious quality to have. An honest heart makes us so much more teachable.
Blessings.

November 8, 2008 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Paul, hands down. I can really identify with his suffering, prayer and asking God to remove his thorn in the flesh and getting a "no" and being okay with it. I love how Paul praised him despite his infirmities. He's my Apostle inspiration.

November 9, 2008 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Just went back and realized you said which one of the 12 - I'm gonna bump Judas Iscariot and make Paul my answer. LOL! Out of the original 12, though...hmmm....Matthew. Christ took him from a lowly sinner, the lowest of the low, and redeemed him. All He said was, "Follow me" and He did. Matthew and I have a lot in common. Although I didn't lie and cheat people, I may as well have for the life I led before I met Christ. When I heard the call, though, I jumped up and ran with Him.

November 9, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home