Internet Cafe

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Help is on the Way


"What City and State please?" City?? Well I knew the City...and I knew the State. As I spouted the necessary information back to the Emergency Response Operator, I began to wonder at my state. Not my location...but my actual state.

"Was anyone bleeding?" No mam. "Are there any fluids coming from any of the vehicles?" No mam, not that I can tell. "Are you alright?" Yes mam. A few more questions and she informed me that help was on the way. Help is on the way. Help....is on.....the way.

When I disconnected the call on my cell phone that Friday afternoon, the phone made a beeping noise it had never made before, flashed a light and then the front cover said "EMERGENCY MODE". It reminded me every time I looked at it that "help was on the way." I need not worry. Just relax.

God's word does the same thing. It gives us reminders. EVERY single time we pick it up.

God [is] our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1


Psalm 121:1-4 says, "I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep."


Sounds to me like He's more reliable than Onstar. More reliable than the 911 operator. Which that reminds me, one of the girls from my office recently witnessed an accident and called 911 from her phone. Guess what? Her phone did the same thing. "Emergency Mode" appeared on the screen followed by strange beeping and her signal was set. Just like mine. Just like yours...every time you pray you send up a signal to the throne, and your position is marked.

Years ago, a minister told the story of a close friend who was going through some severe problems in her marriage. So severe in fact, that they were already at the divorce stage. As she was driving one day, weeping before the Lord, crying out to God of her dire circumstances, with her broken heart laid bare, God gave her a picture in the sky.

Being an amateur photographer, she always had her camera handy. She pulled off the highway, raised the view finder to her eye, to capture the incredible colors in the cloud formation, and snapped the shot. As she continued home, she prayed for the Lord to reveal to her heart what she should do. She had lived in the pain so long that she couldn't see God in it anymore.

When she developed the roll of film, the picture she took by the roadside that day brought surprise and peace to her heart. When she thought she was photographing simply some unusual clouds and colors in the sky, the developed photograph was decidedly different. The picture resembled an angel hovering in the sky, as if to send a message to her heart. "I am here. Help is on the way." Whether there was just an unusual cloud formation or not, God touched her life that day. He gave her the message that "HE was with her in her trouble".

I don't know what is going on in your life today. Maybe the circumstances are so hard to handle, you have not told anyone. The wound may be too fresh. It may be too deep. Whatever it may be, God is not so far off that He can't be reached. Go ahead. Dial His 911 line. It's found in the Word.

Some suggested readings:

Psalm 102:17; Psalm 62:5; Psalm 30:2; Psalm 33:20; Psalm 18 (whole chapter!)

Many times in the Psalms we are instructed to "Sing to the Lord a new song". I encourage you to find some good worship songs on CD. Play those over and over while you work, drive, or rest. Fill the hours of your day with as much "worship" as you possibly can. If you are filling every available space of your heart from encouraging and uplifting sources, the enemy has a harder time trying to find an inroad into your life.

For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. Isaiah 50:7 KJV (emphasis mine)

It's absolute truth. He will be your help. Call on Him. Lean on Him. Seek His face and stay in the WORD. That's where your strength lies.


God bless you all!




I'd love your visit at Knightly News!

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger windycindy said...

I also enjoy listening to Christian radio stations. With speakers like Charles Swindoll and Doctor Dobson.
Thanks, Cindi

August 27, 2008 at 1:18 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I loved this today!!

August 27, 2008 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Teri Washington said...

Thank you. I really needed to be reminded that God hears me when I call and He is concerned about me. Help is on the way!

August 27, 2008 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Amen! Amen!

August 27, 2008 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for sharing this, bless you.

August 27, 2008 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love the story about the angel....

I think Papa God loves to do things like that.

He's given me several special gifts like that through the years. I feel like it's just His precious way of saying, "I see you, I know."

Bless you friend,
Julie

August 27, 2008 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger Marsha said...

I love your analogy. Wonderful application; a healing balm to my heart.
Thank you my friend.

August 27, 2008 at 11:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Angie,

When I think about calling God, I always think of the 911 passage from Psalms. Psalms 91. There is so much power in these words. I always have an attitude change after reading them.

Great post Girl. Hugs.

August 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home