Internet Cafe

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lost and Found

Lost and Found



“Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all of their heart.”
PS 119:2


Have you ever lost something that was really important to you, and spent hours, or even days looking for it? It seems like this is becoming a way of life for me these days. Lost keys, cell phones, earrings, you name it and I've misplaced it. The other day I thought I lost my car keys, only to find them just where I left them. In the ignition of my car where I parked it …and it was still running! Now you have to admit it doesn’t get worse then that. OK, this is really bad.

When we loose or misplace something of real value, do we simply walk away and forget about it? I don’t know about you, but I surely don’t! No way. I immediately begin to dig in my purse (be careful…this can be dangerous), my desk, or my “whatever” and search for it until I find it.

Just the other day as I was looking for my address book with all my most important numbers and was frantically looking for it when I stopped and paused for a moment to ask God to help me find it. It was in that brief second He reminded me about an amazing lesson I had once learned.


As my mind started racing to where I last saw my address book, I begin to think about the parable of the woman who lost her gold coin. I felt her anguish as she sought for that coin, and remembered the joy she had once she found it. The emphasis of this parable was on the fact that she searched and searched until she found it. There is no hint of indifference, only diligence. This coin was valuable to her and she was determined to find it. The Lord asked me that day as I was searching for those keys, “Is this how you seek and search after me and my word?” I had to stop and search my heart.

In Proverbs 2, Solomon gives instructions on how we should seek after wisdom:
"My child, listen to what I say, and treasure my commands. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver, and seek for them as hidden treasures. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord and gain knowledge of God.”

Have you ever wished that you would have the same kind of passion Solomon describes in this verse to seek out wisdom from God's word? I want the desire of my heart to be like one who fervently searches for those hidden treasures of the Word. I genuinely desire to have wisdom and go after understanding with the same kind of zeal I would have if I had lost something “very” valuable.

Hidden treasures are waiting, but it is up to us to begin searching to find those precious jewels. We have every provision we need for our lives in the Word. Like the woman who was not content with the nine coins, she passionately sought after that one coin that was lost. We cannot grow satisfied with where we are now. There is so much more God wants to open up and reveal to us about His kingdom. I pray we will be seekers, and those who cry out daily for insight and instruction. With such effort, we will not only find wisdom for practical daily living, but we will also find Jesus Christ himself, the living Word!

"…in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."
Col. 2:3


Lord I pray that you would give me an ever-increasing hunger for more of you. Let me long for your presence and time alone with you. I desire to know more of your truth, and a love for your word. I pray for all the women who may read this as well. Let us thirst and hunger after you each day. In Jesus name, Amen.

Points to Ponder:


Are you passionately pursing God’s word each day?

When is the last time you discovered a hidden treasure in God’s word?

Join Susan daily at her personal blog,



Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Very beautiful.

June 22, 2008 at 12:29 AM  
Blogger luvmy4sons said...

Oh, to search for wisdom as treasure...to seek Him as we do some of the material things of this world. Great godly thoughts my friend!

June 22, 2008 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

I needed to read this. Thanks for the excellent words.

June 22, 2008 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

It's unbelievable when I find a treasure hidden in His Word. It's amazing.

Thanks for sharing,
Julie

June 22, 2008 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

I am not searching as much as I should be! Sometimes, it comes when I am not searching so much. Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

June 22, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Christi S said...

Very true message! I am trying, and God is giving me more of a desire to be passionate about pursing His word. This reinforced my desire!! Thank you!

June 23, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home