His Glory Revealed
- In the hearts of multitudes of volunteers, faculty, staff, and alumni climbing through debris to recover belongings of students and carefully bagging them--for hours in c0ld weather.
- In the hearts of student leaders staying to do whatever possible to help, even when everything they have has just been destroyed.
- In the donations of Target and Wal-Mart giftcards from the community enabling students to buy clothes, food, bedding, and other school supplies.
- In the incredible Christ-focused leadership of President David Dockery, a man that must be overwhelmed at the task in front of him, but fully confident in the God behind him.
- In the faith and of people who are confident that they serve an awesome God who is in control, even in our pain.
He is here, He always was. When the storm was raging, He was here. When the tornado hit campus housing, He was placing His hand of protection on over 1000 students, sparing every precious life against tremendous odds. No one walking through the rubble the next day would have believed that everyone survived. He was and IS here.
It is so hard when we suffer to see that He is present. I love the quote by CS Lewis:
“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”
He shouts to us in our suffering. He is present and protecting us and using our pain to bring us closer to Him. He allows suffering, because He loves us. He experienced the pain of sacrificing His only son for our salvation. Through the suffering, I have seen the glory of God revealed. He is sovereign and in control.