Internet Cafe

Monday, July 9, 2007

I have a grandmother who is an amazing seamstress--I never wore a store bought dress until I was a teenager! My mother also sews and cross stitches. I have tried my hand at quilting and cross stitch, as well as crocheting. Although not very accomplished, I enjoy using my hands and watching something come together. It is the creative nature of God in us!

As a little girl, I was so fascinated to see the beautiful creation that resulted from my grandmother's hands. It always made me think of the story describing God as the master weaver of our lives. It is so true that He is always at work in our lives, even though we may not always see the beautiful creation is in bringing about through our growth. Too often we just see the "messy" under side of thread and knots.

Life is is often like the backside of cross stitch--not always making sense. God is teaching me to trust His "craftsmanship" in my life. I am learning to trust that He is in control--that the knots and messy threads will produce something wonderful. I pray that I allow Him to work in me each day and that my life will become a beautiful creation that honors Him!

In Him,

Kelly

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Such a beautiful post Kelly, thank you.

July 9, 2007 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Pearls of Wisdom said...

Wonderful post Kelly . Thanks for sharing from your heart.

In his endless love,

Angel ():)

July 13, 2007 at 12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Neat anology. I cannot not sew if my life depended upon it. I admire anyone who can.

Thank you.

July 17, 2007 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you... thank you so very much for leaving a note on the table. That makes us smile!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home